Before joining the chat, please read the following rules and information.
Failure to follow the following rules may result in being kicked out of or banned from the Twokinds chat
- Please use proper spelling and grammar. There is very little tolerance for "chatspeak" or "leetspeak." If English is not your first language, please try your best.
- Keep the channel conversation "safe for work," that is, don't post anything that you wouldn't post or view at work.
- Please be patient; just because no one is talking, it does not mean you may spam the channel.
- Be respectful of those who are already present. If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, don't say anything at all.
- The chat and the forums are separate communities. Forum moderators have no power in the chat, and chat operators have no power on the forum.
- If you are banned from the chat and attempt to circumvent it, your ban will be extended.
These are the most basic commands that you should know when using the chat. Information that you need to enter is denoted by [square brackets]. Do not type the brackets when using these commands.
|/nick [nickname]||Changes your screen name to "[nickname]"|
|/me [action]||Displays your text as if it were an action. For example, "* ~Tom draws things."|
|/join #[channel]||Allows you to enter a chat room called "[channel]"|
|/nickserv register [password] [email]||Registers your nickname so that others cannot take it. Enter a password of your choosing and your email address, and follow the instructions in the confirmation email.|
|/nickserv identify [password]||Once you've registered your nickname, you must use this command each time you connect so that chat server knows you own the name.|
|/nickserv recover [nickname] [password]||If you become disconnected and your nick is still shown as being in use, use this command to force the server to disconnect the nickname.|
Some nicknames will contain symbols at the beginning. These represent the user's status in the channel.
All users who have half-operator status and above have the ability to kick and ban users. Their word is final. Voiced users still have the ability to speak if an operator has muted the channel.
Now that you're familiar with the guidelines of the community, click the link below to join the chat.