I get quite a few people from time to time who come up to me to report that one of my images has been 'stolen' by someone else. Usually it's a edited page from the comic, or a recolored image from my gallery here. I just want to set the record straight, so hopefully I can avoid more of these 'reports' in the future.
My public work is hereby covered under a Creative Commons license, unless otherwise stated. You can find it here:
So, what does this mean? It means, anyone is free to:
- Share my work - You can save my work, print it out, and show it to other people. You may post it on forums, imageboards, and chatrooms. You could even zip up the entirety of my comic and distribute it as a torrent if you so felt inclined.
- Adapt my work - This means people are free to modify my work. You may translate the comic pages into another language, recolor something from my gallery, create fan art or fiction of my characters or world, create your own comic or artwork based on my work, etc...
You are allowed to do any of this, so long as you:
- Provide attribution - You must give me credit as the source. Do not claim my work as your own.
- Non-commercial - You cannot sell my work, or include my work in anything for sale, unless you make specific arrangements with me.
- Share-Alike - If you do modify my work, it should also be covered under this same license, or an equivalent license.
This license applies to all my publicly available work. It does not apply to my commercial work, such as comic books and booklets.
So why am I doing this? Because it's how I think it should be. I put out my work publicly for people to enjoy, and I don't get hung up when folks decide to add to or adapt my work in other ways. So this is my official way of proclaiming that I'm cool with that. I am not giving up all the rights to my work, but I am opening up some of it to you.